Search a topic here:

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Office Fellow: With Dedication and Learning New Things

Today's post for our O.F.O.F., let us welcome Mimi.

From Manila, she moved to Dubai to work in a project management company. She shares to us her dedication to work and some unforgettable experiences she encountered.


"I believe that having a harmonious relationship with co-workers is one of the most important factors to enjoy your work."



Mimi Jimenez
Projects Secretary cum Document Controller
7 1/2 yrs in office admin work








What are the
skills that you think that fits you as a secretary?

I have good communication skills, good interpersonal skills, knowledge in MS Office applications, able to write good correspondences. Also, I am a good listener, fast learner, and flexible.


Any unforgettable experience at work?

My first dictation with our managing director I would say one of my most unforgettable experiences. I was not that good in dictation because I haven't experienced that when I worked in the Philippines as a secretary. It was totally unforgettable experience because at first I was not able to get the words or terms that he dictated to me and my boss get upset . But, now I can say that I am good enough to do it (smile).


How do you manage to improve your skills?

To improve my skills, I am continuously learning from day to day activities in the office. I am not limiting myself to the task or duties assigned to me. As much as possible I am trying to do the things above what is expected from me. In addition to that, I am exploring other office applications that I know will help me in carrying out my business activities.


You mentioned exploring other office applications, can you share to us what are these applications that you are exploring on right now and how it helps you in your work?

Actually, I am exploring MS Publisher right now because I believe it will help me to create a website for the company and my personal website as well. Also, if I'll be given a chance I'm gonna study Primavera because I know it will help me in carrying out my task as a document controller.


Any tips on how to enjoy your work?

For me, what I am doing to enjoy my work is to befriend with my colleagues because I believe that having a harmonious relationship with co-workers is one of the most important factors to enjoy your work. Also, I keep on thinking all the people that I am supporting financially because it’s encouraging me to enjoy my work because they are my inspiration.



Thank you Mimi for your time and support in office admins' hide-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment